Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid (the building block of protein) in the bloodstream.
Glutamine is an amazing source of fuel and therefore energy source for the entire body. High levels of glutamine in the blood translate into greater health.
In a recent survey of people over the age of sixty, those at the top of the scale of blood glutamine levels had fewer illnesses, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and were closer to their ideal weights than people at the bottom of the scale in this nutrient.
Deficiencies in Glutamine Include:
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Breakdown in muscle
- Heart disease
- Chronic illness
- Mood disorders
- Cognitive disorders
- Severe stress
Unfortunately, though it has been shown that Glutamine is also one of the amino acids most usually below normal.
All GHR Platinum Formulas contain sufficient levels of Glutamine.
More Facts About Glutamine; Glutamine:
1. Aids in memory recall and concentration. It passes through the blood-brain barrier rather easily and it's often called brain food.
2. Increases GABA production Another important amino acid and a calming neurotransmitter
3. Balances the acid/alkaline levels. Virtually all degenerative diseases are associated with excess acidity in the body.
4. Stabilizes Blood Sugar & Decreases Alcohol Cravings
5. Maintains Health and Functioning of the Lining of the Gut
6. Helps With Wound Healing Are You On A Low Carb Diet? Glutamine is more readily used as fuel for energy than some simple carbs.
If you are on a low-carb diet, supplementing with extra Glutamine simply makes sense.